All patients are welcome to attend the Patient Participation Group meetings which are held periodically throughout the year. It is an opportunity for patients to discuss the provision of healthcare, suggest any improvements we can make and to discuss any current new developments at the Practice.
The Last Meeting was held on 29.01.2020
PPG Meeting Minutes
What is the patient participation group?
The Patients Participation Group (PPG) consists of patients registered with the Tottenham Health Centre, medical, nursing and non-medical staff of the practice.
The activities of the group fall into 3 categories:
- Looking after the community by drawing attention to strengths and weakness in the provision of health care in the area.
- Looking after ourselves by arranging talks on health matters of interest to all sections of the community.
- Looking after the Practice by providing feedback to, and interchanging views with, the medical and non-medical staff attached to the surgery.
Why not join?
Joining the PPG costs you nothing and yet you can gain so much. You may wish to learn more about specific health subjects. You may have good ideas on how to improve health facilities in the Practice. Join us now. You may have much to gain and/or contribute.
How does it work?
The PPG meets regularly throughout the year. Meeting formalities are kept brief so as to allow time for the following:
- Presentation by one of the local doctors or nurses on specific health subjects.
- Talks by local or guest speakers on a variety of subjects – but mainly related to health.
- Discussions between patients and health professionals regarding the provision of Primary or Secondary care.
- Discussion on fundraising activities to provide equipment or services not normally available from the NHS.
All meetings are notified by means of posters within the surgery and agendas to previous meeting participants.
We are currently recruiting members for our group, if you are interested and think you could attend either 1 meeting per month or 4-5 meetings per year contact Niroshan Gobalan, Practice Manager on 02084931630.
Please note: The Tottenham Health Centre Patient Participation Group (PPG) is not a forum for raising complaints, for individual moans or representatives who wish to pursue their own agendas or special interests. We have a dynamic patient members group supported by a practice team including GPs, staff and senior management. We strive for open, honest and constructive communications where all views are listened to and considered valid within a supportive forum.